(I got this rainbow pencil from Jen, my Secret Fanta Santa. It makes everything I write super fun!)
1. Go On More Dates: Heheh. Just to clarify, I mean go on more dates with my husband, not a bunch of randos. Dean and I only went on two dates in 2013 which seems kinda lame. Maybe it’s no big deal and we’re simply the sort of couple that prefers staying in but I want to try out-on-the-town dates.
2. Explore Seattle: I’ve lived in Seattle for over six years now and there are still sooo many things I want to see! I’m psyched to do some local sightseeing in and right outside this city.
3. Craft Daily: I miss making things in my spare time so I’m going to try and set aside at least 30 minutes a day to make whatever. It’s more about messing around and re-learning to enjoy hand crafts than it is about making a ton of cool things but there are a few projects I’ll finish for sure!
4. Practice driving: I’m not looking forward to it, but I need to get more comfortable behind the wheel if I ever want to visit parks, estate sales, or cat sanctuaries on my own. The first step is learning to maneuver Downtown Seattle without breaking into a nervous sweat…
5. Read Middlemarch: George Eliot’s Middlemarch has been on my reading list for over a decade and, goddamnit, this will be the year I carve out enough time to read it. I’d also like to read Donna Tartt’s three novels.
6. Master vegan pizza: I’m fine with daiya cheese and mock meats but the time has come for fancier, more innovative vegan pizzas. Dean and I are going to bump up homemade pizza night to once a week so I can try out some crazy pies.
7. DIY Around the House: In a continuing effort to live a (slightly) more sustainable life, I’m going to make and mend more around our home. Kristy has been a huge inspiration as the DIY queen of cleaning supplies.
8. Make Home Movies: I’d love to have some home movies of my life the way it is now.
9. Exercise at least twice a week: This goal is on my list every year and it’s one I never do. BUT I’ve picked out twelve frivolous treats for each month I manage to stick with this twice-a-week thing. Here’s hoping my self-bribe tactics pay off.
10. Be kind: Something I should actively strive for all the time anyway.
Cheers to a Happy New Year! Wishing the best to everyone with goals of their own- feel free to link me if you posted any. :)